Monday, May 12, 2008

May 10-12

We've been told to expect the unexpected and that is so true.

May 10 was a quiet day until 10 p.m. when Doug's fever spiked. The on-call doctor told us to go to the ER and from there Doug was transported to another hospital and the floor best suited for cancer patients.

May 11 blended in a bit with May 10 as you can imagine. But the special part of May 11 is that it was Mother's .Day. When I went to the hospital, our daughter Kristi who lives in Seattle, WA was "hiding" beside her father's hospital bed to surprise me. Her Daddy had worked with her to pull off the Mother's Day surprise for me. I also received a large basket of "goodies" from our kids in New York. I love my kids. I'm glad they love me!!!

As I write this posting, May 12 has just begun. Doug is begging the doctors to let him come home from the hospital. He is still receiving bags of medication to fight whatever bacteria caused the fever and I don't believe the cultures taken in ER have been read as yet. I'll check in a few minutes when I go to the hospital. He no longer has a fever.

Today is Kristi's birthday. We'll talk about the first day we saw her. We drove from where we were living in Wenatchee, Washington to Brookings, Oregon to pick her up. We'll also pray a prayer of gratitude for her birthmother's unselfish gift to us.

I'll find a time to take Kristi somewhere we can celebrate her special day. Doug wants to do something special with her also. Ordering up two guest trays of hospital food is not what he has in mind!!

~Carole